• Enzo’s – 40m
• Scarness Chemist – 86m
• Foodworks – 95m
• Beach House Hotel – 160m
• Queensland Police – 500m
• Queensland Ambulance – 650m
• Woolworths – 1.3km
• Stockland Shopping Centre – 3km
• Stockland Coach Terminal – 3km
• Hervey Bay Hospital – 5.2km
• Hervey Bay Airport – 8.7km
• Fraser Island via ferry – 33km
For those who just want a relaxing break, Hervey Bay still has the laid back atmosphere of the small beach villages that it evolved from.
For those who want some action, Hervey Bay is a wonderful holiday destination offering many activities. We also have tour brochures available at Reception for your convenience.
• Hervey Bay: family activities also include Wetside Waterpark, Reefworld Aquarium & Waterfront Restaurant, Horse Riding, Botanic Gardens, Historical Village & Museum, Aquatic Centre, Tenpin Bowl, walk the Pier (868 metres), Fishing, the Boat Harbour Precinct, Markets, RSL and Boat Club.
There are several golf courses, bowling clubs and gyms to choose from. The beautiful swimming beach is on our doorstep and bordering it along the Esplanade is 14km of cycling and walking track. Bikes are available for hire. Abundant water sports include coral viewing, fishing, snorkelling, sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, kitesurfing, parasailing, and jet skiing.
• Day trip to Maryborough: (30km) visit the Portside Precinct, Bond Store Museum, Duncan Chapman & Mary Poppins Statues, Story Bank, Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary and beautiful Queens Park. Be there on a Thursday each week which is Market Day and watch the Time Canon being fired at 1pm, take a guided walking tour and lots more.
• One, two or three day tours to World Heritage listed Fraser Island (33km), the largest sand island in the world. It is easily accessible by a short barge trip from River Heads across the Great Sandy Straits.
• Day trip to Apple Tree Creek: (74km) Flying High Bird Sanctuary and Apple Tree Creek Pub.
• Day trip to Bundaberg: (110km) visit the Bundaberg Rum Distillery, Ginger Beer factory, Mammino Ice Creamery, Mon Repo Turtle encounter, Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Bushetto Winery.
• Day trips or stay over on Lady Elliot Island, the southern most coral cay of the Great Barrier Reef. A 35 minute scenic flight away.
• From mid July to early November, the magnificent Humpback whales migrate south and they venture in to their playground, the sheltered waters of Hervey Bay. They share the Bay with dolphins, turtles and dugongs. Tours in modern purpose built catamarans or yachts.
• Scenic flights in helicopters or light aircraft enable you to see the beauty of the Fraser Coast and Fraser Island from the air.
• Search Current Fraser Coast Events here!